Monday, January 14, 2008

Going Strong


Drew is doing great! He is getting stronger and better every day. These past few days have been wonderful for us. After he was extubated last Thursday we got to hear Drew's cry for the first time! It was so so sweet to hear our son and although it would usually not be a pleasant sound his little cry was music to our ears. He is slowly getting stronger, they were able to lower some of the settings on his nasal IMV CPAP today. Drew is now on full feedings and he is digesting well, he almost weighs two pounds nine ounces. We are so pleased and grateful for his progress, we just keep praying that he will continue to grow and mature without any serious set backs. Drew has shown a lot personality recently and it looks like we are going to have our hands full with him. He has become very social and loves lots of attention. We love Drew more than we ever could have imagined.

5 comments:

The Morzelewski Family said...

I am soooo happy for you two! The first thing I do in the morning is get on your blog to see how little Drew is doing and it is so exciting to see the huge progress he has made over the past few days! I am sure he has the sweetest little cry, how could you not love the little sound!
We love you guys!

TC Jolley said...

Yah! I'm so happy for you guys. You guys are the cutest couple and the sweetest parents. Just know that the Jolley family is praying for you and little Drew.

TC and Jon

Melissa said...

Jenn, your family is in our family's prayers. Your little baby drew is such a powerful statement on his own merits. What an amazing and miraculous story he will one day share with so many people.

ChelsieWatts said...

Jenn,

I feel so out of the loop! I had no idea you were pregnant, let alone had a beautiful baby boy! I sat there in awe crying and reading all of your blogs. What a sweet blessing. I'm happy for you guys, and I will keep you in my prayers. Life changes so fast...congratulations. I know how hard it can be to watch someone you love suffer and fight to survive. Love you guys!!

Chelsie Watts (Williams)

laura said...

Eric, thank you so much for telling me about your blog! As I sat here reading everything from the beginning, I couldn't help wishing there was something I could do to help out. You are both so lucky to have Drew in your life and he is lucky to have you! Congratulations! Your family is in our thoughts and prayers!