Saturday, January 26, 2008

Big Boy!



Drew is getting big! Well he seems big to us, he is just a few grams shy of three pounds! He is looking so cute and his personality is starting to really take form. Drew loves attention, he loves to squueze our fingers, he loves songs and loves to be talked to. He seems to get bored sometimes and he really doesn't like to be left alone. Drew recently started trying to bottle feed! The first attempt was pretty funny, he slowly swallowed four milliters and then fell asleep. It was so funny, he was exhausted. Learning to take a bottle might take a while, it is a lot for him to learn how to suck, breathe and swallow at the same time. We love watching him try new things even if he doesn't quite grasp the concept right away. We enjoy the process and the funny faces he makes when we introduce new things to him. This week we worked on doing some excercises with him, we gently pressed down on his shoulders, we moved his hips from side to side and we continue to do leg presses. Drew is so precious to us and we love taking part in his growth.

6 comments:

The Cooks said...

That picture is too cute! He is getting so big, well big for Drew. I am excited to see him soon.. This once a week just isn't enough. Oh and Jen thanks for everything.. You are not just an amazing mother, but an amazing friend/sister :)! I don't know where i would be without ya..

Angie said...

Hi Towners! This is one of Eric's old family friends (angie blaisdell) - I just want you to know that we are thinking about you and check you site on a regular basis. Drew is such a sweetie and we are thrilled that he is doing so well. Just know that you are always in our prayers.

Quela said...

Drew is looking so good! I'm so happy for you guys and am glad everything is going well. And Jenn, you are looking fabulous!

Rachelle said...

What an amazing journey! You three continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. That picture of you and Drew is so cute.

Anonymous said...

Jen he is such a cute baby, little boys are so much fun. I love seeing your blog. love shayla egan

James & Shawn said...

Hello! I found your blog through Quela and I think I recognize your from softball. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I think you are so strong. When I stumbled across your blog, I have to admit it definitely brought tears to my eyes. I can't believe what an inspiration you are. Your boy looks like he is doing so well. I love each of your posts and your little boy, you and your husband are in our prayers.