Monday, November 26, 2007

Answer To Our Prayers


Today we thank our Heavenly Father for a wonderful day with Drew. The nurses said that he has taken a step in the right direction and that Drew is the most stable that he has been for a while! We were told to celebrate because Drew is doing great in comparison to a couple of days ago. His Head ultra sound came back as stable which means that he hasn't had any further bleeding in the ventricles and that the previous bleeding is subsiding which we pray will break down without blocking the normal flow of spinal fluid. He is oxygenating really well today but his lungs are still full of fluid and they need to heal and mature quickly. While Drew still has many challenges yet to face we are remaining optimistic and confident that God is ultimately in control of the outcome of our son whatever that may be. We are extremely grateful to everyone for the prayers and fasting for little Drew and our family. We have felt uplifted through this experience and we know that your faith and prayers are carrying us, thank you all for your support and love. Drew loves to sleep on his stomach now just like his mommy and he loves to squeeze our fingers with his little hands. Today the radiologist was trying to do a kidney ultra sound and Drew kept kicking her hand! He is starting to develop a funny personality and he is trying so hard to open his little eyes. We love spending time with him, he radiates a powerful spirit that has inspired us to focus on the truly important things. Life is so precious and we are grateful that Heavenly Father has answered our prayers and allowed us to be with Drew for another wonderful day.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I read through your latest notes, I couldn't help thinking that my hope would be for whatever is best for Drew, and not necessarily what we may think is best for us. For, whatever is best for Drew, we will all eventually (if not immediately) understand as being best for us as well.

I am sure that each day is precious. Enjoy each one as I know you are. Your unselfish attitude and stamina are impressive.

Love, Uncle Glenn

The Morzelewski Family said...

Jenn and Eric, I am so glad to hear you had a good day! I also want you to know how much I look up to you both and admire your strength and positive outlook during so many trials. You are such a good example to me and my family, I just want to thank you for that. Drew truly is a little angel and a little miracle!
Love ya!!!! Heather

Anonymous said...

I just love this new picture of Drew on his stomach. You can see more of how absolutely adorable he is! I'm not sure there is a baby that is more loved or prayed for by so MANY people out there! Julie Weiss

Jen and Mark said...

Towners-
We are soo happy Drew had a good day! We hope he continues to have more like this one. We are thinking about you and cute little Drew! He sounds like he is an amazing little guy!
Love you, The Mawhinney's

Anonymous said...

Jenna and Eric,

What strength and power your postings radiate. Heavenly Father is watching over and blessing your sweet little family. I hope that this good day is followed by many other good days. I am praying for you all, and wish you the very best.

Love, Alecia Harward Murphy

Stark Family said...

Has Drew decided whether he's a Utah fan or a BYU fan? Jada is a Utah fan:0

Anonymous said...

Jenn and Eric, What a precious little boy. Reading this and seeing these pictures has been such a tender and inspirational experience. I'm so grateful your Grandma shared them with me. I know Heavenly Father is lovingly caring for Drew and for your beautiful family. I think of you often and am praying for you.
Love, Murline Steck

Anonymous said...

Oh Drew,
We love you so much, its so awesome to see the change in him day to day. Jen, Eric we want you two to know how much we look up to the both of you! You are AMAZING. Drew is lucky to have been born to a great mommy and daddy.. Good thing he has great aunts and uncles too!
Love ya, Uncle Bus & Rach

Anonymous said...

We are praying for all of you and the extended family as well. Bless you all-- the Knowltons

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are with you. My brother and his wife experienced this with their 1st son about 18 years ago. Your words you have shared have flooded my mind with memories. I remember the spirit being so strong in his room. I know it was filled with angels. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your words are so very touching. We will keep you in our prayers. Much love, Lynette and Jay Sorensen